Re-editing Blog: Lets fix this!

 Hello there! Welcome back to a new blog! Today we will talk about editing, but this time as you can tell by the title of this blog, RE-EDITING!! Not everything comes out perfectly the first time you do anything, because if you read my filming blogs, I really expressed the problems the team and I had when it came to filming and re-shooting scenes, and the same goes for editing. Some reasons why I thought I should edit some sense in the film is because our film could've used a little more improvement for the audience, some scenes looked very choppy and not smooth at all because of the amount of cutting I was doing to some clips because they were way too long but because of that the scenes felt like something was missing so I tried to fix that so then the audience wouldn't feel like the film was missing something or weren't satisfied by the actual pace of the film. Another reason why I decided to re-edit the film is that I had a friend watch part of the film, I guess you could say a sneak peek or a teaser into the actual completion of the film, but anyway, before I get sidetracked, I had a friend that lives close to me to come over my house and I showed her my film and after she saw a whatever was completed of the film I asked her what she thought of the editing of the movie, and she said it was okay but kinda sloppy which made sense because I was not the only one editing the film but my other teammate was helping to edit the second half of the film, so it probably makes sense the movie feels sloppy and most likely all over the place, after my friend left I re watched the film over and over again until I could note down which parts of the film felt sloppy or out of place, so when I got back later to re-edit parts of the film I could either add new scenes of the past re-shootiing clips or rearrange the existing clips in the film. Now, the last reason why I wanted to re-edit is that I have improved my editing skills, after my previous films I learned more about editing and different tricks to make a film look better so after finishing the film I went back and looked closely at the small edits that seemed a bit wonky and went back to fix them, after doing all of that I finally felt satisfied on the actual finished film. I really like the amount of work I put into this work and also the amount of work they put into the film. Well, that is it for this now, goodbye for now!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro blog: It's all about Jennifer!

Production blog: Conflicts between our group